The New York 3Rs Association, Inc. is partnering with EBSCO Publishing to offer a consortial eBooks purchasing agreement to NY3Rs member libraries. This offer is open to all academic members of the NY3Rs as a buying group, which will enable libraries to take advantage of maximum discounts with a coordinated ordering process.
Libraries can select from 22 eBook Subject sets and 170,000 individual eBook titles that are consortia-eligible.
The NY3Rs orders will be coordinated 4 times per year
– the next order deadline is June 7.
The more libraries that partake of each order, the greater the discount. Volume-driven discounts based upon multiple libraries across New York State placing orders by the set deadlines:
|Number of NY libraries ordering at once:||
Libraries can order now, have immediate access, and will not be invoiced until after June 7th.
Features of the EBSCO eBook offer for NY3Rs members:
- 22 Subject Sets and 170,000 individual eBooks titles are available for potentially discounted pricing
- Greater discounts for multiple libraries purchasing at the same time
- Libraries can purchase Subject Sets or individual titles
- No minimum purchase requirement for individual libraries
- Libraries will be granted immediate access to the titles they order
- Invoices will not be issued until the end of the promotional period (after June 7th). We will not know what discount level we are at until that time.
- No platform fee or downloading fee
- Libraries that purchase will own the books in perpetuity
- Appropriate MARC records are available at no charge through EBSCO partnership with OCLC (library does not need to be an OCLC member)
- Can download content to most portable devices/e-readers
How to Participate:
Pricing for all EBSCO eBooks, including consortia-eligible titles, is available via the EBSCOhost Collection Manager (ECM) -https://ecm.ebscohost.com. A list of all consortia-eligible Subject Sets and titles is also available via the EBSCO website (pricing is not available on the website): http://www.ebscohost.com/ebooks/consortia-collections
ECM is the easiest and fastest way to browse the eBook offerings/pricing, and place your orders.
- Each library will need at least one person set up with an EBSCOhost Collection Manager account. Sign up via the ECM Login Request: http://www.ebscohost.com/ebooks/ecm-login-request.
- In ECM, create a list (or lists) of the eBooks that you would like to order. For consortia-eligible titles, you must select the “Eligible for Consortia Discount” limiter under the Full Search Options link. This will ensure that you are only selecting titles that can be discounted. You can then proceed with selecting Subject Sets or individual titles.
- Save your eBook list in Excel, and email to Amy Levine at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive immediate access to these eBooks.
Invoices will not be sent to the library until the end of the promotional period, when the discount rate will be known.
Please note that libraries can order eBooks through ECM at any time.
IMPORTANT: **For the consortia-eligible offer, however, libraries must submit their eBook lists via email to Amy Levine at EBSCO, rather than placing the order directly through ECM. This is because ESBCO needs to keep track of all orders so that they will know what to bill at the end of the promotional period.